Showers are very important to say the least. I would not even begin with the benefits of daily shower because we all know that KG classes and lessons. The biggest reason is hygiene and it helps you to let go of toxins and dead cells from your body which is very important to maintain the functioning of your body. A low of diseases and allergies can crop up in case you avoid it. While some things that are very important for a shower are soap and water, it must be noted that it is also recommended to use shower stool in the bath. This may seem like a trivial matter to a lot of you out there. However, it is very important for a number of sections of the society. This is why it is important for you to know that shower stools re put to use not just at home, but also at hospital. Thus, it can easily be said that it is an equipment that everyone must have knowledge about. Keep reading ahead to know about the ones who actually need it, the advantages of a shower stool and also the features of a product that is actually good and reliable.
Who are the people who need a shower stool in the shower?
- The old: This means that the section of the society who is termed as ‘senior citizens’ need a shower stool. Well, this is obvious. When you are young, you are full of energy. In fact, this is also the time when your bones are very strong and sturdy. However, as time progresses and we start aging, our body starts losing its physical strength. Bones tend to become brittle and over time, it becomes extremely difficult to remain standing for a long time. This is why a shower stool makes it easier for them to go ahead with their task at hand.
- The ailing: This refers to someone who is unwell. Remember the time when you fell sick and just did not feel like you were ready to leave the bed? Well, that is exactly what we are referring to. Another alternative is a sponge bath but I am sure that you realize how difficult and uncomfortable it feels to be bathed by someone else. This is why a bathing stool will help you get the upper edge and independence. You will easily be able to sit while you shower and also get personal and private space.
- Ones with physical disability: The most important physical disability that we are referring to in this case is an issue in your legs or hips. In fact, fractures and sprains also can be categorized in this section. These are times when it is no possible for you to exert any pressure at all on your feet. Thus, a bathing stool will do wonders.
- Those who are recovering: After you have been unwell for a while, the body takes time to recover. This is why a shower stool while bathing helps you to not stress out too much. In fact, it is also helpful in case you consider it as a safety measure because it eliminates your chances of slipping and falling since you will essentially be seated.
Considerations to make before you choose a bathing stool
- Height: First of all, you must be able to make an estimate of the height of the stool that you need. This must be in accordance with the height of the user as well as the height of the shower or the tap. There must be a moderate gap between the two so that the user does not need to face any hassle whatsoever. In fact, if you are unsure about your eye estimate, then you can easily use a measuring tape for this purpose.
- Grip: This refers to how the stool is being able to place itself. It must be able to have a grip on the floor of your bathroom. This is important because if this fails to establish, then it will keep moving away from the shower and the user may also fall off, leading to further problems and injury.
- Budget: You must know that there are a number of options that are available for you. This is why you must always be able to make a budget beforehand so that you can finish off your work fast at the store or online, whichever way you wish to make your purchase.
- Non-slip: This is one of the most important things for you to know. The bathing stool that you pick should have rubber coating on the legs. This will ensure that it does not slip on the wet floor.
- Rust proof: Since it will be exposed to both air and water, there is a possibility that it starts to rust. However, that can be very harmful. In fact, it can also lead to cuts and wounds which can be dangerous due to the rust. This is why you must buy a product which is rust proof under all circumstances. You can get to know about this when you read the booklet or information and features section.
- Light-weight: There are high chances that the user might have to move the stool or adjust it. In fact, the bathroom cleaner will also have to move it around each day. This is why it must be light-weight.
Some major advantages of using shower stools
- It helps you to improve your safety.
- When you use shower stool in the bath, you are able to maintain comfort as well as hygiene.
- You feel a sense of independence.
- It is a very reliable equipment that you own.
- You are able to improve the quality of your life.
Now that you know why you must use shower stool in the bath, I am sure that you are able to understand its uses and needs better. You must not delay further and gets as soon as possible.